Followers

Friday 25 March 2011

Butterfly paint fusion card

Hello - how is everyone?  I hope the weather with you is as nice as it is here!  I am having a rest this afternoon as i had a busy morning as I had to go for a scan and then went food shopping with my mum so I'm worn out now as I suffer from terrible exhaustion due to my fibro.  However, I must get going tomorrow on my mother's day present for mum - I am decorating a lovely large heart shaped box which I am going to paint with roses.  Once I have done it I will post pictures.
Anyway I thought I would share with you my very first attempt at paint fusion, which is the new technique developed by Sheena Douglass.  You can see the stamps and DVD etc here .
So here is the card I made;
 So I used a piece of mount board which I painted with a dark acrylic paint, then, when dry, I painted a layer of PVA glue and then a layer of paler acrylic paint.  I then dried it with my heat gun which makes the crackle effect for the base.


The card base is a Kraft card covered with white wash core'dinations card which was embossed through the Cuttlebug and then sanded and punched.


I then stamped the butterfly and the wild roses onto the mount board.  I painted them up with Plaid paints.  When dry I stamped over the butterfly again with perfect medium and embossed with WOW powders . 

I finished by stamping and embossing the words and then all around the edge of the board too.  I matted and layered onto some pastel card and the front was done ;o)

I popped some more embossed whitewash card inside topped with a couple of nestie shapes and aa little sentiment which I had in my box.
My mum has had this card for a neighbour, whose birthday is this weekend - she's in her eighties and she loves anything handmade ;o)

Hope you like it too.

xxx


1 comment:

  1. This is so gorgeous!! I love the techniques you used on this card. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete