Followers

Thursday 3 March 2011

Craft US crazy challenge 3

Hello evberyone and first of all I must apologise for being late with my post.  I have been really rather poorly with a nasty bug and then had some blood pressure problems so have been feeling quite groggy.  But I'm here now with my DT card for the Craft US Crazy challenge.
This weeks challenge is NATURE!!!! We want to see anything that reminds you of nature!! Themes are open to interpretation, so we would love to see your interpretation of what the word NATURE means to you! We want all crafters to feel welcome, so if your crafting medium fits our challenge, then we welcome you to join! Whether it be sewing, scrapbooking, altering, cardmaking, candle making, whatever!! We hope you'll be joining us!!
Our sponsor for this challenge is......

Cocodingo
 Hi my name is Corinne and my nickname is frenchie on the forums (I am orginally from France).  Lauretta's one of my best friends, and we created the Craft Your Passion challenge blog, together. My drawing artist name is CocoDingo. My blog of digital stamps is CocoDingo. You can view/purchase my images at: http://cocodingo.blogspot.com/. I am also with the design team of karmascrap. I’m a stampin’up demonstrator since last year. You can visit my personal blog
at: http://passionscorinne.blogspot.com/. Here, You will find all of my passions on this blog: scrapbooking, cards, drawings and jewelery.
and they're offering FOUR DIGI IMAGES OF WINNERS CHOICE!!! How generous is that?? Thanks Corinne for sponsoring our challenge and for donating some awesome images for some of our DT to work with!! We appreciate it! 

We also have a wonderful monthly sponsor for the month of March..and that would be the one and only..... 

Stitchy Bear Stamps
"Hi my name is Stitchy and I am Co-Owner of Stitchy Bear Stamps...we started this store April 1st, No Fooling haha..I live in upstate New York with my husband and two TEENAGE adults haha, I do say that loosely as they think they run the show here, NOT...
I been creating stamps for a little less than a year now and I am totally addicted to the craft..I started about 4 years ago making digital scraps and I knew there was much more out there, so a friend of mine introduced me to digital stamps...and the rest they say is history...I look forward to seeing all the beautiful creations come through...good luck everyone..stitchy xoxox"

Stitch will be offering a wonderful prize to our monthly winner from the drawing of our Top 3 at the end of March! What's the prize you ask??? ..>Check it out!! 
 
So now onto my card.  This time I have done a twisted easel card with stamps forom the Sheena Douglass little bit sketchy range.

 I used the poppies and the daisies and coloured them with distress inks. 
The design papers are from K & co - a pad that I have had for ages and I don't remember the name so I'm sorry about that.  I backed it all onto kraft card and distressed the edges.
 The sentiment is from a hero arts stamp set and I embossed it with the brilliant WOW embossing powder available here.  I also used a Martha Stewart lace edger punch.  Finally the flowers were made with a nestie shape - I cut six for each flower and then spritzed with water and then crumpled them up.  I then flattened them out and punched a hole in the middle.  I then put a brad through and squished it all up again.  I then gently teased the petals open and lightly squashed with the flat of my hand.  To finish I brushed a vintage photo ink pad over the flowers.
I hope you like this card and it tempts you to join in the challenge.  Once again I'm sorry the post is late.
 
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, love this card especially those gorgeous flowers, stunning! HUgs, Frea

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, this is beautiful!!!i love the colors and the flowers look awsome! gotta try to make me some of those, i really love them. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam I hope you are feeling better now. :)

    This is just STUNNING!! I love the sentiment and your flowers. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is fabulous! Love those flower embellishments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really beautiful card Sam, I love the flowers, making them can get a bit addictive though lol!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Stunning flowers! The papers are beautiful! The image is done so wonderfully! Spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! I really love the flowers, i love making my own flowers from nesties.
    The colours are just fab!
    Hugs,
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely Sam such a stunning vintage feel hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my... how beautiful! You've done an excellent job with the nature theme!

    ReplyDelete