Followers

Thursday 7 July 2011

Craft US Crazy challenge 8 - Vintage and/or Christmas

Hello all - where is the time going?  We're up to challenge 8 at CUC already!!
This week our challenge is... CHRISTMAS IN JULY AND/OR DISTRESSED/VINTAGE! So lets see what you can do with that theme!! Remember that you don't have to do both themes posted, you can do one or the other, but if you're feeling up to an extra challenge, try doing both!! Also don't forget that EVERYONE is welcome to play along with us!
This challenge we have two awesome sponsors!!! CROP CHOCOLATE and PEGGY LOVES VINTAGE!!
For the first part of our challenge..we have the one and only...


CropChocolate.com

 

I tried to do Christmas but just couldn't get the Christmas feeling (even though I must start my Xmas cards soon as I haveloads to make!) so I have gone with Vintage/distressed.  I have to thank the amazing Debbie Dolphin for the inspiration for mr project this time as her 'box card' that featured in the August issue of The Craft Stamper magazine amazed me so much that I just had to give it a go!  I took Debbie's measurements for the car etc and then gave it my own spin as I had some papers that I really wanted to try.  So here it is;







SO I made up the box parts and the cover and covered with papers from Raspberry Road.  Theses are from the Feathered Nest selection.  I just love Raspberry Road - the prices are great and you can print them out again and again an there are so many to choose from.  All the little extras like the butterflies, the little bird, the corners and the flowers are from the Feathered nest add on kit.  I have crackle accented them all and then distress inked over the top.  I inked everything to within an inch of is life (LOL) with Brushed Corduroy.  The stamps are also Tim Holtz from the Stampers Anonymous range.  The seam binding and brad were from my stash. Oh I added a hitch fastener as well but I added some fibre around the Book/box to keep it closed. I used a Martha Stewart lace edger punch for the borders.  The little Dragonfly on the front is made from a plastic that molds when you heat it up.  So thanks again to Debbie Dolphin for the brilliant inspiration  I hope you love it as much as I did.

xxx

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your gorgeous box card, Sam! Love it! And love all of the yummy distressing! Beautifully done!
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥
    Craft Us Crazy DT

    ReplyDelete