Followers

Thursday 14 February 2013

Craft Us Crazy challenge

 Hi everyone, well it is time for the Craft Us Crazy challenge again!

Our theme for Challenge 37 is USE YOUR FAVORITES!!! Be sure to let us know what your favorites are!!

We have a great new sponsor for you this challenge...

well, it is a difficult one to choose my favourite as I have so many and they tend to change on a daily basis!!  So I have used a few of my favourites on this card including using dies and making faux flowers;







I used a black 8 x 8 base card and cut out a large circle aperture and added acetate to cover it.  I then used patterned papers from Kanban to cover the card front.  The butterfly is a Tim Holtz alterations die (Fanciful Flight) which I cut out in black and for the stained glass effect I used some clear packaging and added alcohol inks to make a mottled pattern.  I stuck the butterfly onto the 'glass' window of the card so that the light will shine through when the card is standing open.  I used spellbinders to cut the foliage and also the flowers which I covered with microbeads before rolling them up. I heat embossed a sentiment and added this to the top of the card set on some more Spellbinders shapes.  I did the inside of the card to match including sticking some foliage over the back of the aperture to cover up and glue.  I then added a few gem swirls on the front.  Finally I added some faux stitching with a metallic marker.   just love the contrast between black and purple and I really love the butterfly ;o)

Don't forget to join in our challenge this week, we love to see what you make too!

xxx

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project, lovely details.
    Geraldine M
    CBN DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, love the colour and all the embellishments are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, fab design and colour combo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete